Skies of Arcadia Legends Hacking

Skies of Arcadia related topics

Re: Skies of Arcadia Legends Hacking

Postby rayman9930 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:34 am

I have very little hacking experience. Just curious if it is possible to put DC Quality Music/sounds in Legends. Is it?
rayman9930

Postby Tortigar » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Delphinus1032 wrote:Hello Tortigar, the script finally executed well, i think i had a virus that prevented the program from running, i figure it out looking at the log, i let my pc's antivirus do a full scan, and now the exportenemies.rb runs well. Thanks for your support my dreams of Skies of Arcadia has come true.
You are welcome! :)
rayman9930 wrote:I have very little hacking experience. Just curious if it is possible to put DC Quality Music/sounds in Legends. Is it?
I don't think so. The file format of the MLT Dreamcast files is too different from the INFO/SAMPLE Gamecube files. But I'm not the expert in sound hacking. :D
Tortigar

Postby Delphinus1032 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:45 am

Hello friend, did you ever though of rewriting the ship battles scripts? i believe they are stored on the me###a.sct files. Those files are what determines what the ship says and the conditions on the battle like the green yellow red and C conditions, it also determines what conditions are required on route junctions that gives the good path with the special cannon or the bad path. Imagine rewriting the scripts as, well, some of the ship battles has ridiculous conditions like the Valuan Phantom Cruiser for example, which the only way to get the Harpoon Cannon chance is that the ship's HP be 1\2 which then what is the reason of using the S.cannon if the ships hp is nearly down? Imagine rewriting it to a more logical condition like a question\answer condition, is the best condition to do :)
Delphinus1032

Postby Delphinus1032 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:34 am

I just find out that there is actually a Delphinus battle vs a Gunboat, but sadly its scrip is set to enter a cutscene after the battle so it means it stays blank, the game doesn't hang because you can hear the music and the Delphinus bridge sound, but can't do anything and the screen is black, If you can find a way to rewrite the ship battle scripts the me###a.sct , that would be so cool. :roll:
Delphinus1032

Postby Tortigar » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:24 pm

Delphinus1032 wrote:Hello friend, did you ever though of rewriting the ship battles scripts?
Unfortunately... No, I didn't. I think that is very difficult to hack, but not impossible. :? Maybe someday? However, I will not promise anything. :D
Tortigar

Postby Delphinus1032 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:04 am

You have accomplished a lot, more that i could have ever imagine, from editing enemies parameters, changing ship battle, changing the enemy field encounters and many more. Remember when i first saw your video? i always wanted to see a ship battle of the Valuan Gunboat with the Delphinus. When i was looking at all of the unused ship battle i find out that the developers actually made a ship battle of the Valuan Gunboat with the Delphinus Imagine the excitement i felt :D But there is only one problem, the battle is set to enter a cutscene and it stays blank because the ship battle was a field encounter :cry: . That is why i really hope to be able to edit the ship battle script, so that i can at least remove that script.
Delphinus1032

Postby Delphinus1032 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:05 am

By the way, the ship battle of the Valuan Gunboat vs Delphinus is the number id 542 if you ever want to take a look. Is the cooles ship battle ever and the special cannon comes 100% and at the right time and with no junctions which makes it annoying on some of the ship battle field encounters.
Delphinus1032

Postby rayman9930 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:57 pm

Thanks for the reply, Tortigar. I do know the music quality from the DC version has been ripped and spread through the internet in different file formats and such. Are you saying it is not possible to take a file (.mp3,.wav., mp4, or something convertible) and put it in for Legends? It will take some doing, but I believe it is possible. I am not an expert however.

Define "put it in". Replace the music (and maybe sounds) with DC quality music instead of the GC quality.
rayman9930

Previous

Return to Skies of Arcadia