Skies of Arcadia Legends Hacking

Skies of Arcadia related topics

Skies of Arcadia Legends Hacking

Postby Tortigar » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Enemy Data

Extracted enemy data from Skies of Arcadia Legends (PAL) in comfortable CSV files. :)

EnemyDataCsvPackage.zip
Enemy Data (Enemies.csv, Events.csv, Groups.csv & Ships.csv)
(36.92 KiB) Downloaded 1273 times

Description:
  • Enemies.csv: Complete enemy data incl. unknown battle AI commands. (The list is really complete, because Youjin 247 for example is not existent in the Events.csv/epevent.evp file.)
  • Events.csv: Complete enemy group data from bosses and events.
  • Groups.csv: Complete enemy group data from random encounters.
  • Ships.csv: Complete ship enemy data.
Scripts

My scripts to export/import enemy data in/from CSV files. You need Ruby 1.9 or higher to execute the RB files. Put the content from your extracted Skies of Arcadia Legends ISO in the folder «root». To extract files from Gamecube image use GameCube Rebuilder.

SoALExportTools.zip
You need Ruby 1.9 or higher to execute the RB files.
(45.5 KiB) Downloaded 1201 times
Tortigar

Re: Skies of Arcadia Legends Hacking

Postby Cuckooguy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:18 am

Thanks dude! It's so weird Youjin, Boo, and Frock are missing. I may have to investigate this some more, maybe those specific enemies don't scale depending on party level... or if they do, I wonder where that information could be...

But wow, enemy formations! Neato!

I wonder if some of that ship enemy data has statistics for the ship enemies that you can find in the game files but didn't make it into the final product... I recently made an article on Skies of Arcadia beta elements. The scrapped ship enemies are Raja Embla, Valuan Warship, Valuan Destroyer, and Gaditaos. Could the ones with the (Kalifa) in their names and the two Valuan Spellships be related to the missing ship enemies? Ooooooo~~~

Thanks Tort! I will have to learn how may make Excel divide all the data with semicolons by cell sometime down the line.
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Postby Cuckooguy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:41 am

Yes, I'm certain some of those ships are cut enemies. One of those ship enemies drops the Intercom and Expensive Wheel, two items that are in the game data but are impossible to obtain in the final game. Also, looking at the event file, there really is no trace of a level-scaled Youjin, Boo, and Frock. Weird! The Japanese publications lied to us! I'll have to look in my Japanese image to see if it's the same there!
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Postby Tortigar » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:00 am

Cuckooguy wrote:Could the ones with the (Kalifa) in their names and the two Valuan Spellships be related to the missing ship enemies? Ooooooo~~~
Cuckooguy wrote:Yes, I'm certain some of those ships are cut enemies.
Hmmm... It could be. All names were speculations by me. :)
Cuckooguy wrote:The Japanese publications lied to us! I'll have to look in my Japanese image to see if it's the same there!
If you have an extracted ISO, look in the folder /battle. There are ebinit###.dat and ecinit###.dat files, but they are unused in the final game. Many values and stats in this files are wrong (e.g. item drop rate). Maybe this could explain the problem, but I don't know. ^_^
Tortigar

Postby Cuckooguy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Would you be so kind to tell me where I can find the Counter% for the playable characters?
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Postby Cuckooguy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:07 am

Looks like Japanese publications gets stuff wrong sometimes. The Dreamcast guide has the stats for Gadianos while the GameCube guide has the stats for Gaditaos. They are both called "Gaditausu" looking in the Japanese game data though, but they have slightly different icons. There is no known way to fight Gaditaos in the final version of the game. I think the GameCube guide had things mixed up or something.

The Valuan Warship (which was cut) is a "palette swap" of the Valuan Spellship. The Valuan Destroyer (also cut) is a "palette swap" Valuan Spectre. Seeing as both the Valuan Spellship and Spectre are both in the file twice from your educated name guess, I've deduced Offset 3108116 is the Warship and Offset 3108740 is the Destroyer. The second Raja is the Raja Embla and the second Gadianos is the Gaditaos. I wonder what those unknown armament stats could be! I will probably add those stats into the wiki templates but they won't be used in the infoboxes until their purpose is discovered.

Item drop rates are kinda strange. I'm starting to think that 100% doesn't really mean 100% but... well, take for example, Elcian's drops:
1× Black Map (10%)
1× Valuan Medallion (10%)
1× Dexus Seed (50%)
1× Moonberry (100%)
Elcian doesn't drop a Moonberry 100% of the time. It's more like, I think the percentage of getting a Moonberry is like 100/170 chance, the 170 from adding the Black Map, Valuan Medallion, Dexus Seed, and Moonberry drop percentages. I don't think enemies are allowed to drop more than one item from their pool of drops, but an item at 100% means a guaranteed drop. But once the total cumulative percentage exceeds 100, the chance of getting which drop is based on the cumulative drop percentage, so for example it becomes a 10/170 chance for a Valuan Medallion. There are a couple enemies with weird drop percentages like this, like Zivilyn Bane.
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Postby Tortigar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Cuckooguy wrote:Would you be so kind to tell me where I can find the Counter% for the playable characters?
Ouh, I'm going to write an additional Ruby script, but it could take a while. :) It should be somewhere in the Start.dol file...
Cuckooguy wrote:Item drop rates are kinda strange. [...]
The algorithm should be in pseudocode:
Code: Select all
If [Random Number (0-99)] < [Item #1 Probability]
   Drop Item #1
Else
   If [Random Number (0-99)] < [Item #2 Probability]
      Drop Item #2
   Else
      If [Random Number (0-99)] < [Item #3 Probability]
         Drop Item #3
      Else
         If [Random Number (0-99)] < [Item #4 Probability]
            Drop Item #4
         End
      End
   End
End
Tortigar

Postby Tortigar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:47 pm

OK, I discovered that Unknown Armament 1 Stat defines the type of the cannon (not spectacular):
  • 0..Main Cannon
  • 1..Sub Cannon
  • 2..Torpedo
  • 3..Special
Furthermore, I'm going to write a new Ruby script to export ship enemies with their names from the US version - it's easier. :)
Tortigar

Postby Cuckooguy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:43 am

Neato! Similarly, I figured out the Item Flags in the ship enemy doc meant the probability of getting an item.
  • 0..100%
  • 2..10%
  • 3..20%
  • 4..50%
  • 6..Osman
  • 7..Kalifa
Anyway, I just found out the Dreamcast version and the GameCube version can have differing stats for some enemies =_= The first enemy in the game, Soldier, gives 1 EXP on the Dreamcast but 3 EXP on the GameCube. Not only that, the Magic Exp from the first scripted battle differs too: Dreamcast gives 1 Magic Exp and GameCube gives 2 Magic Exp. :cry: Thankfully, the second scripted battle with the four Guards was more consistent. But there could be more situations like this, so this is gonna make making the most comprehensive Skies of Arcadia wiki more difficult :(
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Postby Cuckooguy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:52 am

So I recently installed Hex Workshop to look at 1ST_READ.BIN (the Dreamcast version of START.DOL) and man, this is a lot of knowledge to soak in O.O I was able to look into these files before by looking at it in Notepad++, but a lot of the parameters display as NUL so I was like okay let's check out a hex editor. So the stats are hiding in the int16 value I see! I'm investigating inventory data, but I wish I knew how to export this information! You're crazy to be able to figure this stuff out!
hexworkshop.jpg
hexworkshop.jpg (215.57 KiB) Viewed 35326 times
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Next

Return to Skies of Arcadia