Skies of Arcadia Legends Hacking

Skies of Arcadia related topics

Re: Skies of Arcadia Legends Hacking

Postby Tortigar » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 am

OK, no problem. :) I'm going to write a script to export inventory data in CSV files too, but I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks. I won't forget you. ;)
Tortigar

Postby Cuckooguy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Ah, enjoy your vacation!
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Postby Thatguy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 am

Hi there.

It looks like this thread has been empty for awhile but I was wondering if there was any way to swap ships around by messing around with the files in the gamecube iso with the repacker tools. What I want to do is either replace the Albatross with the Delphinus (post upgrades) to see what kind of errors happen when you force sequence breaks. The other thing I want to try is to remove the altitude limits altogether to see what kind of fun you can have that way but I have no idea where to start looking.

Is there somewhere that I should start looking to find this information? I'm pretty much a step 0 here.

Thanks for any time or information you can give.
Thatguy

Postby Cuckooguy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:04 am

Hmm, step 0, eh, I don't know anything about being able swap ships out but I'll tell you what I know.

When you extract the files from the game, most of the data can be found in START.DOL. I'm able to see values of certain things opening this file with HEX Workshop, as can be seen in an earlier post of mine:

Cuckooguy wrote:
hexworkshop.jpg

When you find the item you're looking for, you pretty much have to guess what each value affects what and what each value stands for. For example, in the screenshot above, you can see that all items under the third "0" column is the Attack statistic for ship cannons. The attack for the "Main Cannon" can be viewed on the right hand side, where it says "35" at int16. The 35 statistic should be editable, so I can change it to 999 if I want the Main Cannon to have 999 attack.

I have no idea how to repackage a game back into an iso, though! It would be neat to learn how to do this, considering I recently learned about enemy formations. It should be possible to make any enemy formation, such as 8 Elcians, or a party of Vyse, Drachma, Enrique, and GIlder in any scripted encounter! I think it would be neat!
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Postby Thatguy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:06 pm

There is a tool that I found awhile back called gcr that you can use to extract and rebuild the gamecube image files with. I found it here.

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/49346-GameCube-image-Rebuilder

There's another utility I used that I don't remember where I got from called SOALEditor that I used to max the stats on Vyse's default cutlass to blast through the first part of the game. But I had to export and rebuild the iso with the edited start.dol that was created.

Anyway, on the topic of trading the ships around. I guess it's a matter of a wild goose chase as all the files in the gamecube image aren't really user friendly to read and guess what they do with names like "s056.sml".

I wouldn't know where to go with editing any of the file types that are in there. (sml, mld, sst, bi, lmt, dat +more)
Thatguy

Postby Tortigar » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 pm

I did it! :) This video shows the ship battle against the Valuan Warship from the NTSC-U version of the game. It works, but the dialogs are not translated and still in Japanese. Can anybody translate this?

Please ignore my party level or other issues, but I didn't find an old save game for the NTSC-U version. In the next days I upload the ship battle against the Raja Embla, Valuan Destroyer, and Gaditaos. Stay tuned! ^_^

Edit:

Tortigar

Postby Cuckooguy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:53 am

Amazing! Funny how the dialogue isn't translated, considering their names are along with their attacks. Now that we have cannon names, I have updated the wiki info to reflect. Just need Gaditaos cannon names to make it complete! I may try to translate it down the line. Probably generic stuff like "Air Pirate scum!"
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Postby Tortigar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:24 pm

And here is the battle against the Gaditaos. :)

Edit: The second unused cannon is also Jeda Beam.

Tortigar

Postby Cuckooguy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Valuan Warship
<バルア>
ザコどもをそうとうするのか
われら(くちくかん)の。
きさまらは ちょうどいいだ!

<アイカ>
ヴアイスはどうするの?
をおい!

<どうする?>
「きょりをちつつ げきする」
「ろをりにいく」

<ヴァイス>
はとはいえ
ムリはだ。このまま
きょりをちつつげきするぞ!

Valuan Destroyer
<バルア>
いやー やはり しいはいい!
そうこうも のいりょくも
のとは だんちがいだ!

Maybe I'll translate these later.
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Postby Tortigar » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:46 pm

I found more unused ship battles but with known enemies instead. I'm going to upload the missing battles against the Valuan Spellship, Roc and Gadianos as soon as possible.

Tortigar

PreviousNext

Return to Skies of Arcadia