Skies of Arcadia Legends Hacking

Skies of Arcadia related topics

Re: Skies of Arcadia Legends Hacking

Postby Delphinus1032 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:02 am

Really? so the enemy ship data parameters like HP, Defense, item drop are on Start.dol? i tried to open it before with hex workshop like someone did with the dreamcast version file, but it only show coding, not a single string can be seen clearly that helps located the desired entity to modify. Is there a tool that can interpret the file at least at 25% of the content? thanks for the quick reply, by the way.
Delphinus1032

Postby Tortigar » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:20 am

Delphinus1032 wrote:Is there a tool that can interpret the file at least at 25% of the content?
No, unfortunately not. :| You can only use a hex editor.
Tortigar

Postby Delphinus1032 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Is there going to be a script that extract the enemy data that works for NTSC coming soon? I'll really appreciate it as it will improve skies of arcadia's replayability, the main thing i really wish for is to be able to change the stats of the the Valuan Mage Ship as is the only one that is just like the Valuan Gunboat except it has magic cannon, is the only one that appears when you have the Delphinus and is the only ship that i like to battle, but sadly, even though the Valuan Mage Ship comes like an improved Valuan Gunboat with magic cannon, it is so weak that it falls too quick if i use the Delphinus Main cannon secondary cannon and the torpedoes only once. The battle is boring if i do nothing trying to reach the moment to use the Moon Stone Cannon :cry: . I always wonder why the developers did not bother to improve its stats knowing that is a better gunboat? it even gives LESS experience than the Valuan Gunboat! If you can somehow find a way to change the stats so i can give the Valuan Mage Ship more HP and a bit more defense, that'll really make me want to replay skies of arcadia legends for the first time after a long time. Secondly, I also would love to swap ship battle to see those unused ship battle.
Delphinus1032

Postby Tortigar » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Hmm... I've developed and finished a Hard Mode Hack for the PAL version of Skies of Arcadia Legends. All random encounters, bosses and ship battles are stronger. If you want, I can upload the edited game files and a short instruction to install the hack in a PAL image. I would like to show you a trailer, but the work on the video isn't finished yet. :)
Tortigar

Postby Delphinus1032 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:26 am

great, that would be nice, thanks, great job by the way, for achieving that which i thought was impossible and that can only be dream about. i have hope that soon you will be able to compile a modification for NTSC
Delphinus1032

Postby Tortigar » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:27 am

Delphinus1032 wrote:i have hope that soon you will be able to compile a modification for NTSC
Yeah, that's my plan, but it could take a while. =) The big advantage of the PAL version is the language support of English, German, French and Spanish. That is the main reason, why I've decided to use this version for my Hard Mode hack.

But before I can release my PAL hack, I have to finish my item importer/exporter script for the NTSC-U version. Stay tuned. :D
Tortigar

Postby Delphinus1032 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:36 pm

Alright, take all the time you need. Thanks, really, my hopes for enjoying S.O.A.L. the way i always dreamed about has returned. I'll definitely stay tuned :)
Delphinus1032

Postby Delphinus1032 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:32 am

Ok, so i actually manage to edit the enemy ships data with hex editor, i can finally increasing the HP and defense of several ships that i like to battle like the Valuan Phantom Cruiser, Valuan Gunboat\Mage Ship so i can better enjoy the battle like using all of my cannons for a couple of rounds and still has plenty of HP for the final shot of the special cannon. I can even edit the item drop rate and what item it drops, cool for getting the Moon Cannon, Moon Gun and Moon Torpedo earlier. Now all that is left is finding out how to swap the battle scenario of the normal ship battle encounters. I would love to fight the Valuan Destroyer that were introduce in the attack on Nars but you never got to fight it, only its magic cannon version the Spectre. Also i would love to change the black pirates ship encounter so that it is the BlackBeard that i fight when you go the Delphinus because... well... the regular black pirates ship is pretty small and would be ridiculous to set it to high defense and HP just for enjoying a good shootout. The BlackBeard on the other hand is more reasonable to give the Delphinus a good fight and i would love to battle it over and over.
Delphinus1032

Postby sefirott » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi thanks for the modifications, could make a video to modify the game
as the guns are modified ? Delphinus1032
is possible to launch the lunar cannon on all shifts

would be nice a guide thanks ! :)
sefirott

Postby Delphinus1032 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:10 am

The only way i can think of is finding the value that classifies the moon stone cannon as the special cannon to the value of a main cannon for example, that way it can fire on any turn as even if you modify one of the four weapons of the ship to the moon stone cannon, it still have to be used as long as there is a special cannon icon present. At the moment im not sure what parameter is as when i look at the Delphinus' parameters on start.dol with the hex editor is shows every parameter hexadecimal only, with no clue which one is.
Delphinus1032

PreviousNext

Return to Skies of Arcadia