2014, huh

Opinions you feel like sharing? Go ahead and let them out here.

2014, huh

Postby Cuckooguy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:17 am

Hey guys, I know this site is kinda sleeping but I haven't forgotten about it. It's just that sometimes you put so much work into something you get burnt out on it and don't want to look at it for a long time lol. Just setting up and designing the wiki and creating all those pages took a lot out of me. The reason I made it a wiki in the first place was to decrease my workload!

Anyway, I imagine I'll get back to work on it sometime this year. Despite being a really big SoA fan I have never gotten 100% on Skies of Arcadia Legends. I own the manga and all the Japanese official dreamcast magazines and the trial version and all the Japanese versions of the game and the novels and etc. for Pete's sake! Even beat the Japanese SoA Legends (but didn't get 100%...)

I wanted to get screenshots of Legends via emulator but wanted to wait til they fixed the green shadow box bug that plagued the game for so long. Looks like it finally got fixed last October! I'll have to start playing it soon! So I can finally get good screenshots of all the Legends boss fights for the wiki!

Anyway, while I was burnt out on creating this site I pursued other artsy endeavors, like you can see at my tumblr at http://cuckooguy.tumblr.com . I took up sculpting and created Skies of Arcadia figurines!

I'll try to make this a fruitful year for this site (until I get horribly burnt out again lol...)
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Re: 2014, huh

Postby Arcadia Brony » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Hey, I know how you feel bro. I just recently retired from the Legends RP after ten long years so I know how it feels getting burned out on something you love. Even then I still find myself tinkering with some of my fan-works every so often.

Your sculptures look amazing. That sort of thing takes a lot more creative talent than I could hope to muster. Keep up the good work man!
Arcadia Brony

Postby AshidoNova » Thu May 08, 2014 5:57 am

Man, I envy your collection. Last year I finally got my hands on the limited edition box for cheap and in new condition! I also picked up the Best Navigation Guide which is pretty awesome quality compared to any of the other guides. The rest of my collection is the English versions on Dreamcast and GameCube. I would own more things like that wicked Vyse figure, but I can't justify the price tag and I mean, the game itself is the most important thing after all. I'd like to read through all the manga some day though, so thank you for that.

I can't remember, but did you scanlate the manga pages in the gallery yourself? I hope you can complete your collection sometime. I also hope you can keep this site around forever. If you ever decide to let it go, you better let someone mirror it!

I ran Skies on Dolphin and noticed the green shadows. The game sure looks great, but I can't convince myself to play it that way with all the graphical glitches and awful audio quality (did they fix the audio at all?). I still hope Sega releases a quality PC port sometime, I'm not even asking for an HD overhaul (besides I don't think it's really needed with cranked graphical quality on PC). I also wonder if Dolphin can get the 3D mode working well. I might die if I could play this game in 3D.

In any case, I also finally got a VGA box for my Dreamcast, so at least I can experience the original game in English or Japanese now at its best. (I did a direct comparison, rendering-wise the original actually looks better on Dreamcast VGA than Legends on Wii Component.)

PS: Don't sweat it, I've never gotten 100% either, lol. I haven't even fought the bonus boss.
AshidoNova

Postby Cuckooguy » Thu May 08, 2014 10:41 pm

I scanned the manga. My sister translated it. So I guess we collectively "scanlated" it :)

In another post on this forum, I posted how I won a bunch of auctions for more Japanese manga chapters, but half of them didn't make it to me 'cuz of the USPS. As far as a I know, I'm missing Log. 1 and I think there are two more chapters (I know there's at least 1 more anyway) before the manga was axed. Cost me like 500 bucks for the whole she-bang, and I got 2 new chapters out of it due to said USPS error :\

I bought the Vyse figurine actually, one of each, the exclusive version and the standard version. It helps that the ONLY merchandise I buy is related to Skies of Arcadia, which helps keep my disposable income fat :P
Cuckooguy
Site Admin

Postby FinalCataclsym » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:28 am

Now that you've merged the two former sites, I gotta wonder, what was the reason for all that? The layout of this new Wiki is strange and I kinda miss having all the enemies lined up with all their drops listed in one huge column. I remember "back in the day" I sent yah a number of edits for the Mars Arcadia website, mostly typos at that.

I've also seen that you are looking for help with adding pages and inventory and such? Perhaps when I'm done my now current playthrough, I can provide some assistance in learning to and making pages. No promises yet though.
FinalCataclsym

Return to General